I found this story at Freep.com
Here are a few of the weird things that are illegal:
• Have promiscuous sex.
• Throw snowballs.
• Allow homosexuals into bars.
• Loiter in the morgue.
• Bring into the city any person with a communicable disease, such as the flu or sexually transmitted diseases, without the approval of the health director.
• Operate a fitness center that does not segregate males from females.
• Be addicted to drugs.
• Flip the middle finger or use obscene language.
• Allow drunks into bars or permit bartenders or waiters to mingle with patrons.
• Use immoral or profane language in a bar.
• Hold a concert or exhibition that corrupts morals.
• Allow immoral, suggestive or freak dancing in bars.
• Use indecent, insulting language.
• Disrupt church with laughter.
• Invite another person to conduct an immoral act.
• Possess in public any book, magazine or movie that is contrary to good morals.
• Behave immorally in dance halls.
• Spit in church.
• Use immoral or vulgar language on phone.
• Use indecent or insulting language in front of children or women.
• Sell condoms unless you’re a pharmacist.
• Open any business on Sunday.
• Play songs on a jukebox at a bar that are obscene, indecent or contrary to good morals.
• Hold so-called freak shows.
• Neglect your wife.
• Have carnivals or freak shows.
St. Clair Shores
• Sell pornography.
• Be addicted to drugs.
• To “indulge in pointless, useless wandering from place to place within a public area without any excuse for such roaming other than impulse.”
• Use obscene language or beg in public.
• Use indecent language in the presence of women or children.
Some of these laws may seem harmless, until you run into an over-zealous prosecutor and you happen to be charged with a violation of one of these silly laws.
We at Neil Rockind, P.C. have defended individuals charged with ridiculous crimes such as the few listed above. We can attest to the fact that even though these crimes aren’t “normally” charged, that simply having them on the books allows prosecutors to use these crimes as pretexts to nail you for something silly when they cannot make their case on separate grounds. The crimes above may seem like a joke, until you are charged and looking at potential fines, costs, or even probation. You won’t be laughing then.
Just my 2 cents.
Colin A. Daniels
Neil Rockind, P.C. is extremely experienced in handling criminal cases of all types. If you or a loved one is faced with any type of criminal charges or an investigation by any policing agency, please contact Neil Rockind, P.C. at email@example.com or call our office directly at 248-208-3800.